Saturday, August 9, 2008

Welcome! Isihambe esithakezelwayo!

Hello and welcome to my blog!

In just a couple of days I will be heading off to South Africa for the greatest adventure of my life to date. I would like to invite you all to join me on my adventure through this blog. I will be posting entries about my semester abroad and attaching pictures through this site as well. Unfortunately I will not have internet access at all the sites (only Shingwedzi, Skukuza, and Cape Town), however I plan to post as often as I can.

My semester abroad is run through Duke University and the Organization for Tropical Studies. You can find out more details about my program on the OTS website http://www.ots.ac.cr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=321&Itemid=447 including a course syllabus, sites visited, and various orientation information.

The best way to contact me is by email, however email access will not be permitted at all the sites I will be visiting. My email is Jrsher01@syr.edu and like this blog I will try to respond as often as possible. Snail mail is always appreciated as a tangible letter always helps with homesickness. I have included my address for those who are interested.

I depart from Hartford, CT on August 24 and arrive in Johannesburg, SA on the 25th. From there I begin my 3 and 1/2 month adventure in the savanna. Either I or my parents will be posting early next week to say that I have arrived safely.

See you in Shingwedzi!

Jamie

2 comments:

Moryma said...

Safe travels sweetheart - can't wait to hear all of your (because I'm your older sister, I hope safe) adventures!

Alittleburd said...

What a fabulous adventure! Have a wonderful time - enjoy all of the new experiences. Safe travels.

-Aunt Annie B