Monday, August 25, 2008


I have officially arrived in Johannesburg! My plane landed around 5:00 PM South African time, just about 24 hours after I left. The plane ride was actually enjoyable. Riding first class was the way to go! I was able to lay flat, enjoy gourmet food, and watch movies at my fingertips. I slept about 13 hours of the 16 hour flight. I met two girls from my trip at the Atlanta airport. We have talked a little bit and they are very nice so far. The three of us stuck together through customs and transportation to the hotel.

The hotel I am staying at is beautiful. I have a separate bathtub, beautiful shower, and flat screen television. The guy at the front desk said that they are revamping everything for the 2010 World Cup. The two other girls are also staying in the hotel so we are going to get some dinner together in a bit.

I just wanted to let you all know I have arrive safely and my journey is off to a great start!

Pictures from left to right: 1) Jamie getting ready to leave from Bradley International airport, 2) My first class seat/bed for the flight, 3) Airport in Johannesburg, 4) My room at the City Lodge Hotel in Johannesburg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jaime,
This is Giuli. I am glad you're off to a luxury start with the flight and hotel. This should be a great experience for you.